Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What do I do ...


When I'm not doing diary comics? I know you ask yourselves this all the time, right? (Har har.) Well I usually sew or hang out with the gf, but sometimes I do other drawing projects!

I do a fair amount of illustration work for my job at the Independent Publishing Resource Center. Like the promo flier you see above.

I work on other projects too. Last month I submitted a three page story to the anthology Stumptown Underground. We'll see if it gets in! Here is a sample.




I'm also very slowly starting a project that is fiction about a bunch of queer and hipster kids in a town remarkably like Portland (or it might be Portland. I haven't decided yet). I hope to have the first issue done by the Portland Zine Symposium. Aaannndddd I am hoping to finally illustrate and publish the really long fantasy fiction stories I wrote a couple years ago. I am thinking about putting them out a couple chapters at a time in zine form.

I guess I look for a job a lot too, but that's not as much fun.

If you would like me to draw something (or sew something) for you, you can contact me! vlpaine at yahoo dot com. I like money, but am also willing to trade.

No comments: